The Green Gathering is a day for all the family to enjoy and this year there is a special focus on children’s activities with free entertainment including music, bouncing castles, face painting, storytelling and children’s workshops.
One of the main events will be the Sydney St. Patrick’s Day Children’s Parade marching through Prince Alfred Park. All participants, young and old are encouraged to dress up and take part the celebration. The theme is ‘The Green Gathering’ and there will be prizes for the best dressed and for all that take part.
Mums, Dads, Grannies and Grandads are invited to join in the parade or simply watch proudly from the side.
The Green Gathering will play host to a fantastic dedicated children’s area which will include jumping castles and face painting. This year we are going all out and will also have a Performance Tent where children can enjoy performances throughout the day from a storyteller, harpist and Irish dancers.
Be inspired at the Creative Tent, get involved and have fun by creating masks and souvenirs of the day.
Last but not least, join us for a race in the Field Events. There will be races for all age groups with a devoted time slot for pre-schoolers. There will be prizes for all who take part.
Please note: Places on the Children’s Parade and field events are limited so sign up today.
- Entry is free.
- Places on the Children’s Parade and filed events are limited so sign up today.
- Closing date for entry forms is 10 March 2017.
- Fancy dress is not compulsory but we encourage creativity.
- All children must be supervised at all times.
- By entering children for participation in the parade or field events, you acknowledge and accept that you do so at your own risk and you must take all reasonable steps to ensure your children’s safety.